Maria Antoniou PhD
Here's a bit about me and my story:
I was born and raised in East London, within a Greek Cypriot family. As a child I was creative and loved magical stories such as Enid Blyton's The Magic Far Away Tree. I was always making up games for my sister and I to play and stirring up 'potions' in old paint tins...
In my teenage years, I preferred my inner world to the outer one, and spent most of my time in my bedroom reading, knitting and making clothes out of old curtains... I also listened to late night psychic radio phone-ins and bought myself some tarot cards.
I then went off to university in Leeds- the first in my immediate family to go - for a degree in Sociology. I'd imagined it would be all about books, patchouli oil and deep, late night conversations. It wasn't! But I did a lot of studying and came out with a First Class degree.
I then moved around the country for a few years, doing various jobs while continuing to study. I acheived an MA in Social Research Methods and a PhD in Women's Studies.
In my mid '20s, I settled in the Brighton area, where I still live almost 25 years later. I love walking by the sea, especially in Winter. I also enjoy reading, learning and exploring my own spirituality.
My 'credentials', if they are important to you:
The conventional stuff
- First class BA Hons degree, MA (with Distinction) and PhD
- BTEC Level 3, Life Coaching Skills & Practice
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (and part of a PG Diploma in Person Centred Counselling - but I dropped out as it wasn't for me, so I'm not a qualified counsellor)
The spiritual stuff
- Advanced Soul Realignment Practitioner (Akashic Records reading). I trained with Andrrea Hess, taking SR levels 1-3, plus additional courses in Business & Financial Alignment, Manifesting, Reading the Future and more...
- Reiki Practitioner (Master / Teacher level)
- Future Life Progression & Past Life Regression Practitioner (I trained with FLP founder Anne Jirsch)
- Moonology(TM) Practitioner - I trained with Yasmin Boland.
I've also taken numerous workshops and retreats on shamanism, tarot, the goddess, personal development, psychic development mediumship, astrology, business and more...
I've been coaching since 2007, and running workshops and courses since 2012, working with clients and students around the world.
At the same time, I've had 'day jobs' in social research, charity fundraising and leadership, and consultancy.
A socially-conscious, politically-informed approach is extremely important to me. Although most of my clients are women, I welcome and work with clients of all genders. I take an LGBT+ affirmative approach, and am committed to anti-racism, equity and inclusion. I think, write and speak about the links between spirituality and politics.
Want to know anything else? Drop me a line.
Writing & Speaking
I've written for and/or appeared in Spirit & Destiny, Fate and Fortune and Soulacy magazines.
I've given talks at the UK Tarot Conference, London Tarot Festival and other events.
I'd be pleased to consider writing and speaking opportunities, please get in touch.